ATA Flash Disk turnkey design solution enables developers to immediately manufacture and deliver the 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch ATA/IDE solid-state hard drives for laptops, notebook, portable and desktop computers, workstations, servers, portable media player, music players, handheld data collection scanners, PDAs, handy terminals, personal communicators, audio recorders, monitoring devices, and set-top boxes. The solution is silent and complete vibration-free suits harsh environments that are dusty and dirty or require noise-free operation.
The solution designed for dual-channel to support 16-bit access bandwidth gives better performance than the single-channel 8-bit access bandwidth, and supports up to 64 Single-Level Cell (SLC) or Multi-Level Cell (MLC) NAND Flash media devices use standard ATA/IDE protocol with up to PIO Mode-6, Multi-word DMA Mode- 4, and Ultra DMA Mode-4 interface. The ATA/IDE interface is widely used in the field of computer storage.
SST55VD020 as the solution’s ATA Flash Disk Controller, and supports all SST 55 series chips. The solution integrated an ATA controller and attached many NAND flash media devices. The controller offers the standard ATA Security Mode Feature Set, a password system that restricts the access of user data stored in the device. The production of each ATA Flash Disk has 20-byte Unique ID for Enhanced Security. The ATA Flash Disk has Write Protect mode, the pin offers extended data protection. This feature can be either selected through a jumper or host logic to protect the stored data from inadvertent system writes or erases, and viruses. The Write Protect feature protects the full address space of the data stored on the flash media.
- Industry Standard ATA/IDE
- IDE interface for desktop computers, workstations and servers.
- Mini-IDE interface for laptops, notebooks and portable devices.
- Host Interface: 16-bit access
- Supports up to PIO Mode-6
- Supports up to Multi-word DMA Mode-4
- Supports up to Ultra DMA Mode-4
- Dual Channel 16-bit access
- Supports up to 64 flash media devices
- Supports SLC (Single-Level Cell) NAND Flash chips
- Supports MLC (Multi-Level Cell) NAND Flash chips
- Supports 2Kbytes and 4Kbytes program page size NAND Flash chips
- Read-only pin configurable by host for prevention of data overwrites
- Configure device as a Master or a Slave
- Supports IDE and Mini IDE Connectors
- 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 6GB, 8GB
- 16GB, 32GB, 48GB, 64GB
- 96GB, 128GB
- IDE ATA Flash Disk: 10.8 cm × 9.2 cm
- Mini IDE ATA Flash Disk: 10 cm × 7 cm
- 3V HDD Power Supply
- Low Current Operation
- Active mode: 25 mA/35 mA (3.0V/5.0V) (typical)
- Sleep mode: 80 μA/100 μA (3.0V/5.0V) (typical)
- Zero wake-up latency
- Immediate disabling of unused circuitry without host intervention
- Fast Sustained Read Performance (Flash to Host): Up to 30 MB/sec.
- Sustained Write Performance (Host to Flash): Up to 30 MB/sec.
- Built-in Hardware ECC
- Write Protection
- Factory Pre-programmed 10-byte Unique ID
- User-Programmable 10-byte ID
Operating Systems Compatibility List
- Support the vast majority of mainstream or unusual operating systems and do not require any device drivers.
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows Vista…
- Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Embedded…
- Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, Gentoo, OpenSUSE…
- FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Darwin…
- Unix, HP-UX, Solaris, Sun OS, IBM AIX…
- Mac OS, Mac OS X (PowerPC, Intel processor)…
- MS-DOS, FreeDOS, OS/2…
ATA Flash Disk Controller Compatibility List
- 55VD020, SST55VD020-60-C-TQWE, SST55VD020-60-C-MVWE, SST55VD020-60-I-TQWE, SST55VD020-60-I-MVWE
- SST55LD019A, SST55LD019B, SST55LD019C, SST55LD019D, SST55LD019M
- SST55LD016, SST55LD017, SST55LD017A, SST55LD017B
- SST55LC100, SST55LC100M
- 0°C to 70°C for commercial operation
- -40°C to +85°C for industrial operation
- All non-Pb (lead-free) Devices are RoHS Compliant
- Board Schematics
- PCB Layout
- Bills of Materials
- Gerber File
- Manufacturing instructions
- Technical Documents